1. Get the Libby app
Find hot fiction and non-fiction titles via the Libby app (available for Android and iOS devices). Libby also offers the ability to read e-books in the Kindle app.
Get the app
Browse the e-book collection
2. Configure the Libby app
To configure Libby for access to the University Libraries' e-book collection, please follow the steps below:
- Download the app. If the Libby app is already on the device, add the VSU Library to the library list.
- Open Libby and follow the steps to sign in (or sign up) using your VSU e-mail address and Blackboard password.
- In Libby, select the menu, and then choose Add a library, then enter the zip code (23806) and tap Search.
- Select Virginia State University. This will take you to the VSU Library page in Libby. Note: you will notice a message when logging in (At this library, you sign into your card via a secure website. We'll open this site for you now). This is normal. Click on the Next button beneath this message to continue the login process.
- Follow the prompts to log-in with your VSU credentials (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org / password). The following message is normal. Just click Next to enter your VSU credentials.
- You are signed in.
3. Checkout E-books
Now that you are signed in, you may check-out e-books, place requests, create reading lists, etc.